Monday, January 10, 2011

Job's Faith, Zophar's Accusation

Job's faith and insight into God's plan of Salvation, and or the results of God's plan, jumped out at me twice over yesterday and today.

I see descriptions pointing to Jesus in the following statements of Job:

"Even now, my witness is in heaven; my advocate is on high.  My intercessor is my friend as my eyes pour out tears to God; on behalf of a man he pleads with God as a man pleads for his friend."
                                                       Job 16:19-21 NIV

"I know that my redeemer lives and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.  And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes I, and not another.  How my heart yearns within me."
                                                      Job 19:25-27 NIV

These friends, who had a goal to comfort and support Job; do not appear to be comforting and supporting, they appear malicious.

Zophar in Job 20:19a states about Job "For he has oppressed the poor and left them destitute." 

This flys in the face of Jesus' teaching in Matt 25:35 and 40 "For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in."  "The King will reply,'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of the brothers of mine, you did for me."

We are all equal in God's eyes.  One body, many parts.

Pray for wisdom and for protection from the evil one.

In Christ

David P

1 comment:

  1. Thank you David and Scott for your insights. I am struck that Job's friends aren't really listening to Job. They have this belief system in their heads and it has no room for a salvation that job describes. Isn't that true today also. No matter how we might try to explain our salvation, it can't crack the beliefs of some. Jim W

    ReplyDelete