Tuesday, February 22, 2011

God Continues With Instruction (Feb 23)

"Keep my commands and follow them.  I am the Lord.  Do not profane my holy name, I must be acknowledged as holy by the Israelites.  I am the Lord, who makes you holy and who brought you out of Egypt to be your God, I am the Lord."           Leviticus 22:31-33-NIV

"The priests are to keep my requirements so that they  do not become guilty and die for treating them with contempt.  I am the Lord, who makes them holy"
                                 Leviticus 23:9-NIV

God places responsibility and requirements on the priests, His leaders, which are over and above the requirements of others.  Leadership can be a very lonely place. 

God orders time, he gives instruction for various feasts and holy days.  On the day of atonement, instructions for self denial are given in verses 27, 29, and 30.  Again, an example of setting aside to and for the Lord.

Thoughts:

What feelings do you have toward your leaders; at work, home, and church?

What do you set aside for them?

What feelings do you have toward your responsibilities in your leadership roles at work, at home, as a parent, at church?

Pray for leaders to have time management skills, a servant's heart, wisdom and discernment and alertness for the
Spirit's call.


In Christ,

David P

No comments:

Post a Comment