Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Direction (May 18)

Today, several verses lept off of the page and caught my eye, these verses pointed me from the Garden of Eden ot  Golgatha.  I invite you to read on and decide if you agree or disagree...

Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O Lord.

For the sake of your name, O Lord, forgive my iniquity, though it is great.

The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenants known to them.

...and observe what the Lord your God requires:  Walk in his ways and keep his decrees and commands, his laws and requirements, as written in the Law of Moses, so that you may prosper in all you do and wherever you go.

Is not my house right with God?  Has he not made with me an everlasting covenant, arraigned and secured in every part?  Will he not bring to fruition my salvation and grant me my every desire?
                                        From Psalm 25, 1 Kings 1  and
                                                  2 Samuel 23 NIV

The above verses in today's readings show us many attributes of God; forgiver, neighbor, confidant, law giver, and planner of salvation. 

One might see in this sequence of the above verses a progression from our fallen state, to our realization of God's power, to a closer understanding by His instruction of his nature, to obeying his nature and finally to salvation and abundance.

In a sense, these verses might portray man's journey from the fall in the Garden of Eden, through Israel and Moses' old covenant of the Law ending at the new covenant provided by Jesus' death on the cross and resurrection on Easter morning.  Jesus' work certainly did make a unilaterial everlasting covenant arranged and secured in every part.

How do you see our readings thus far pointing us to the cross?

How do you show your thankfulness for the gift of salvation?

Pray for those lost in darkness.

In Christ,

David P

No comments:

Post a Comment