Friday, August 5, 2011

A Heart to Know (August 6)

I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the Lord.  They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart.
                                           Jeremiah 24:7 NIV


We are given much by the Lord our God.  Today, we read that our heart to know the Lord is, in fact, a gift from God. 

Jesus, when he asked Peter, at Caesarea Philippi, "Who do you say that I am?"  commented on Peter's response of, "You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God," by saying "This was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven."  (Matthew 16)  "Even the gates of Hades will not overcome it."

The "Gate of Hades" at Cesarea Philippi



Pagan Temple at Cesarea Philippi near Gate of Hades


Knowledge of who God, Christ, and The Holy Spirit (is/are) is  a gift that we on our own cannot fathom.  It is only by God's grace, work and love that we are able to understand, in part, the character, attributes, and incomparable nature of Him.

Another gift we have received is the gift of Jesus, death on the cross for our sin and His resurrection to overcome death, so that we are made righteous and we can return to the Lord with all our heart.  Prodigals that we are.

What kinds of gifts have you given, have you received in the past week?

How can others tell that God touches your heart?

Pray for fruits of the Spirit.


In Christ,

David P


No comments:

Post a Comment