Sunday, October 30, 2011

Reformation Day

I'll kill two birds with one stone here. First, I apologize for going so long this morning (close to 30 minutes), and second, as part of that, I didn't even bring up how we didn't sing "A Mighty Fortress" in church! To make up for that (dual) oversight, I'll give you the opportunity to do so at home, using these slides generated for the 50th anniversary of the church in 1920. 

Oh, and one more thing--I was wrong about the Reformation--the 500th anniversary will be in 1517 (I knew it sounded wrong when I was saying it). And, one LAST one more thing--I'll have a bonus picture at the end. Okay, get ready to sing...































































































I hope you made it this far, in which case I'll show a picture that Karl Aronson shared with us in class today. It's a square in Wittenberg, Germany, where there are 500 statues of Martin Luther in place in preparation for the 500th anniversary of the Reformation in 2017. Thanks, Karl, for sharing this with us.




































Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment